NEWS RELEASE May 2023
Forecasting the Hydrogen Opportunity for Each AWE Product
Hydrogen revenues for Air, Water, Energy companies are already more than $12 billion per year and promise to increase at double digit rates. In the short-term blue hydrogen will be the biggest revenue producer for AWE companies. One reason is that the accompanying carbon capture and sequestration requires major investments in AWE products.
There are many processes which include AWE products. Mcilvaine is analyzing each process and determining the opportunity in each.
By providing detailed forecasts for each product the cost of intensive research is distributed.
If the local salesman has forecasts for his territory and general management has forecasts for each product in each country. A clearly defined and robust sales program can be created. The new Hydrogen Niche Most Profitable Market (MPM) program provides over 2 million sub niche forecasts which can be aggregated into the most profitable combinations to provide niches large enough to create the foundation not only of sales but business strategy.
Most Profitable AWE Hydrogen Program
Most of the largest suppliers have multiple products to offer for these applications.
- The local Atlas Copco compressor salesman can also sell valves and pumps thanks to strategic acquisitions.
- Parker Hannifin can package high pressure hose, fittings, filters, instrumentation, O rings, seals, valves,
and complete piping systems.
- Danaher through Pall furnishes cross flow filters and cartridges for gas and liquids. The Hach division supplies measurement of liquids and gases while ChemTreat supplies treatment chemicals.
- Mitsubishi offers a number of hydrogen processes. It also provides the gas turbines to combust hydrogen. But since hydrogen creates more NOX than methane, the system needs to include a Mitsubishi SCR system. The MHI absorber for CO2 removal is an important component in blue hydrogen.
- Andritz has its own large scale electrolyzer which can use electricity from an Andritz hydropower plant. It has the air pollution control systems for blue hydrogen and has a guide and control system with Metris. It also has separators, filters, and heat exchangers.
- Alfa Laval is supplying heat exchangers for the world’s largest green hydrogen plant. It also offers separators, filters, and other AWE products.
The orders for AWE products will be coming from hydrogen producers and users but also from the system and process suppliers.
Processes which are utilized include:
- Catalytic reaction
- Heat exchange
- Size reduction or granulation
These processes in turn need the following support systems:
- Air pollution control
- Clean water
- Compressed air
- Wastewater treatment
The systems, processes, and support systems in turn need flow control including:
- Hose, tubing, piping
- Seals, gaskets, expansion joints
- Treatment chemicals
- Variable speed drives
The various processes) need to be managed by
- Guide (programs and IOT)
- Control (computers, servers)
- Measurement including liquids, gases, and free flowing solids.
Unique materials are needed for a combination of temperature, pressure, abrasion, and corrosion challenges.
- Materials of construction including stainless, ceramics, polymers
- Filtration and coalescing media
The opportunities for AWE suppliers fall into two distinct categories:
- Small discrete
- Process and large discrete
The largest small discrete market is fuel cells for the automotive industry.
The process and large discrete opportunities can be segmented as follows:
Process and Large Discrete Hydrogen Opportunities
The embryonic nature of the market is an incentive to quantify every market niche. This is explained at: http://home.mcilvainecompany.com/index.php/news/47-uncategorised/news/1749-nr2729
The level of detail for each product is illustrated by this Hydrogen Valve market example: http://home.mcilvainecompany.com/index.php/news/47-uncategorised/news/1749-nr2729