NEWS RELEASE June 2017
Just 555 Companies buy 60 Percent of the Flow and Treat Products and Services
Five hundred and fifty-five companies in 13 different industries will spend $240 billion or 60 percent of the total amount that will be spent in 2018 for flow and treat products and services.
|Oil and Gas||50|
|Pulp & Paper||50|
The way these 555 companies make buying decisions is changing.
- Large companies are increasing their share of purchases through mergers and acquisitions. The pending Dow/DuPont merger is a prime example.
- Global sourcing is becoming common.
- Industry 4.0 and IIoT are generating continuous analyses of flow and treat performance.
- As most flow and treat products and services become integrated in IIoT and data analytics systems purchasers will have the ability to buy based on known lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) parameters.
- This availability of lowest TCO information will raise the revenues and profits for those companies with the best products.
- Instant communication is becoming dominant. Mobile devices are now the most important tool for initiating buying decisions.
- The empowerment of IIoT with IIoW (Wisdom) will be a major influence on buying decisions.
The processes included are filtration, separation, combustion, disinfection, heat exchange and cooling, transfer, storage, reaction, mixing, distillation, disinfection, purification and any other processes involving liquids, gases or free flowing granular materials.
Products include fans, burners, compressors, pumps, valves, seals, couplings, instrumentation, piping, filters, scrubbers, adsorbers, absorbers, SCR, SNCR, FGD, thermal oxidizers, heat exchangers, furnaces, centrifuges, clarifiers, cartridge filters, crossflow membranes, and software
Consumables include treatment chemicals, filter elements, seals, coatings and all the component repair parts.
Services include design, construction, consulting, monitoring and testing, and remote operation and maintenance support.
Media includes water, oil, lubricants, slurries, granular solids, compressed air, gases, ambient air, stack gas, process gas.
Most suppliers already have separate sales efforts for the large potential purchasers. Since 60 percent of the products will be purchased by just 555 companies’ suppliers can justify the prioritization of sales to this group. McIlvaine has a program to identify the companies, projects, people, and the ways not only to reach them, but to convince them.
N064 Air/Gas/Water/Fluid Treatment and Control: World Market analyses the market for flow control and treatment at a high level. Since this market is now being transformed by IIoT this service is now available as part of N031 Industrial IOT and Remote O&M.
Specific forecasts for purchases by the 555 companies of each product or service are now included in the McIlvaine Market report Markets
The plants and projects for the 555 companies are reported in Databases
Contacts at those 550 plants are included in several ways including several databases People
The systems to expand IIoW are shown in Decisions
A customized program can be provided which not only provides interconnection between supplier and purchaser, but interconnection to other influencers and interconnection among company employees.