Why should I consider participating in Interwebviews™?
The Industrial Internet of Wisdom (IIoW) will empower IIoT. Interwebviews™ will be as important to IIoW as wireless transmitters are to IIoT. Interwebviews™ are a foundation of IIoW Decision Systems. A rule of thumb is at least one Interwebview™ per year for each $1 million in sales. In the new digital world your client will be watching these through his iPhone and then using the Decision Systems to select bidders and make decisions.
What is an Interwebview™?
Interwebviews™ are hosted discussions with recorded presentations by salesmen or engineers. The recordings are uploaded to YouTube and the McIlvaine Decision Systems as well to the IIoT and other McIlvaine Newsletters. They can also be linked to the company website.
The best information is no longer in brochures and catalogues. It resides on your laptop power point presentations. Here are some tips on leveraging this resource;
- Think outside the box. There is a unique communication route which dictates an informal engineering oriented recording with a presentation by your application engineer or salesman.
- Don’t make the mistake of striving for image rather than substance.
- Make the presentation short and focused on why the client should consider a specific product.
- Create multiple recordings with combinations of industries, products and languages.
Cost and Process
- The cost is $80/minute with a minimum of 8 minutes. McIlvaine sets up a GoToMeeting for recording an interview.
- The presenter sends his PowerPoint slide deck to McIlvaine in advance.
- The introduction by the McIlvaine host is informal.
- McIlvaine sequences the slides as the presenter speaks.
- McIlvaine asks one or more questions to add to the simulation of a customer presentation.
- Recording is then prepared and posted as explained above.
The following presentations have averaged more than 400 viewers, and some have experienced over 1000. But remember it is not quantity it is quality of listener which matters. The links in the newsletters assure targeted audiences.
There are a range of formats available. The Burns & McDonnell and Sick presentations are power point based. The Snowpure and Atlas Copco are discussions while explaining the website displays. The Chicago Bridge & Iron (CBI) presentation is in Mandarin with introductions in English. It resulted in one month of meetings with interested Chinese prospect.
The following presentations have averaged more than 400 viewers and some have experienced over 1000. But remember it is not quantity it is quality of listener which matters. The links in the newsletters assure targeted audiences
|Company||Language||Subject (Click title to view recording)|
|Golden Specialty||English||EPA 325 Rule|
|Danfoss||English||Variable Frequency Drives|
|WIN-911||English||IIoT Alarm Systems|
|Burns & McDonnell||English||Implications of U.S. utility ELG and CCR regulaitons|
|Sick||English||Cement MACT Monitoring|
|Atlas Copco||English||Screw Compressors|
|Wahlco||Chinese||Urea to Ammonia|